In accordance with the Decree of Minister of Trade of Republic of Indonesia Number: 01/M-DAG/PER/1/2007 dated January 22, 2007, the exported goods are classified into four categories:
a. Types of goods subject to export trade system
These types of goods can only be exported by registered exporters. Whereas, registered exporters are the companies or individuals recognized by the Ministry of Trade to export certain goods according to the provision set.
An export of a good is regulated because of the following considerations:
- Increase the foreign exchange and competitiveness
- Related to the international agreement
- Nature preservation
- Availability of raw materials
The regulated export of goods includes the followings:
|Plantation Products||:Roasted/not roasted coffee, processed coffee|
|Forestry Products||:Rattan or wood products|
|Industrial Products||:Acetic anhydride, phenylacetic acid, ephedrine, acetone, butanol|
|Mining Products||:Diamond, tin, gold|
b. Export-Controlled Types of Goods
The goods where the exports can only be conducted by exporters with export approval from Minister of Trade or appointed Officials.
The export-controlled types of goods are the goods where the exports can only be conducted by exporters with export approval from Minister of Trade or appointed officials (specific exporter).
A good is export-controlled because of consideration for maintaining the balance of domestic supply to avoid interruption of domestic consumption.
Export-controlled goods include the followings:
|Livestock products||:Cow seeds, non-seeds cow, buffalo, crocodile skin, wet blue, wild animal and plants (appendix ii cites)|
|Fishery Products||:Napoleon fish, wirasse, milkfish seeds|
|Plantation Products||::Palm kernel|
|Mining Products||:Gas, coke/petroleum, precious metals ore, silver, gold,|
|Industrial Products||:Iron scraps and residue, stainless steel, copper, brass, aluminum, urea fertilizer|
c. Export-Prohibited Types of Goods
An export of a good is prohibited because of the following considerations:
- Preserving nature
- Fail to comply with quality standards
- Guarantee the demand of raw materials for small industries or craftsmen
- Increase of added value
- Goods with historic and cultural value
The export-prohibited types of goods include the followings:
- Super Capacitors or Capacitors
Example: UN3508, with energy storage capacity greater than 0.3Wh unable to ship via Air Freight
- Agricultural Products: Fry and Arowana fish, eel fish seed, botia ornamental fish, lobster of 8 cm and paneadae shrimps
- Forestry Products: roundwood, flakes raw materials, rail pads made of wood or sawn timber.
- Maritime Products: Sea sand
- Mining Products: Tin ore and concentrates, arsenic ash and residue, metal or other compounds, especially that contain tin or precious stones
d. Free types of goods
All types of good which are not listed in the above regulation are categorized as free export goods; however, the exporter shall first meet the requirements as exporters
DownloadExport Prohibition PDF