Items that are considered dangerous, prohibited or restricted cannot be imported into Singapore using vPost. Customs Authorities in both countries employ strict measures to monitor each and every item processed. The list below is not a comprehensive list but a list of common items that you cannot send using vPost.
We reserved the rights to advise you that the products are not accepted for import while the list did not specifically indicate the limitations.
Where appropriate, contact you to discuss and agree on an appropriate action to take; (b) use reasonable efforts to return the item to merchant at your cost; or (c) dispose the item in any manner we deem fit without being liable to you.
The list below serve as a guide on products that vPost does not ship. Please note it is not exhaustive and only includes some of the most common items.
- All kinds of Alcohol-based / Flammable products (e.g. perfumes, cologne, toners, sanitizers etc)
- Any external battery/powerbank for smartphones or tablets devices
- Super Capacitors or Capacitors
Example: UN3508, with energy storage capacity greater than 0.3Wh unable to ship via Air Freight
- Essential oils, diffuser oils, fragrance oil and perfume oil
- Items that are not labeled in English (Dietary supplements/ Cosmetics/ Food)
- Any food, supplement, drug or cosmetic that has been issued a Consumer Safety Advisory Warning by Authority (HSA or etc)
- Any unidentifiable material, substance or chemical.
- Intoxicating liquors
- Tobacco products
- Motor vehicles
- Petroleum products
- Any type of standalone batteries
- Animals and plants
- Beef extract
- Chemicals and drugs
- Medicine & all class under pharmaceuticals eg: Hepalyse Pulse
- Coins and bills
- Paper currency, coins, credit cards, cheques and stamps (Item(s) would be discard at Origin)
- Dangerous goods classified by Japanese local regulation or IATA Dangerous Regulations including any materials with dry ice
- Flammable items such as perfume / nail polish
- Imitation tobacco products (e.g. electronic cigarettes, etc)
- Items restricted by the Washington Treaty, ie. ivory
- Items that contains Aloe, squalene, sharks’ extract or coral (eg: certain types of cosmetics or lip balm)
- Items that require temperature control
- Laser apparatus such as laser pointers that are found to have emission powers
- Used or refurbished laptops, tablets, phones and other electronic devices that contain batteries will not be accepted for shipping. This includes purchases from ebay, individual sellers or any refurbished stores. - This is due to freight restrictions that do not allow used electronic items with batteries without original manufacturer’s packaging to be shipped. Such batteries may suffer from leakage and cause severe damage due to chemical actions during transportation.
- Meat or animal extracts
- Nintendo Switch
- Seeds / live plant
- Squalane (not 100% plant based)
- Perishable foods (e.g., cheese, yoghurt, eggs)
- Processed foods more than 5kg and above SGD100 (food products that are not classified as meat, seafood or fresh fruits and vegetables)
- Precious stones and metal
- Restricted or controlled items by the Japanese Government
- Weapons such as guns, swords and knives
- Wireless earbuds - Wireless earbuds case contains Li Batt and acts like a portable charger. This is prohibited from air transportation.
This list may be updated from time to time. Please contact us if you require any further assistance.