The online sale is on in 3, 2, 1!
If you are a self-confessed online shopaholic like us, then you’d understand how exhilarating it is once there’s an ongoing sale especial in the US and Europe.
Getting the most curated fashion clothes and innovative gadgets at the best price is my personal mantra.
And having a credit card makes it easy for me to shop from the US and save a lot!
But owning a credit card should be both a reward and a responsibility.
A reward since you get to take away the best shopping deals without having to fly to the crowded malls abroad.
A responsibility since you should know how to maximise credit card savings when shopping abroad without getting broke.
Here are 7 tips on how to do just that:
- Pay in full. As much as possible, pay your bill in full and on time. Bank credit card charges and penalties for late payments are really hefty.
- Avoid too many cards. To move away from the temptation of swiping without actually having the fund to pay for it, it is best to own just two or three (max) credit cards.
- Never use cash advance. This is a big trap! The interest is really a lot. You might end up paying just the interest for a long time.
- Ask for a lower rate. Not everyone knows this but you can actually ask your bank to lower the interest rate of your credit card purchases especially if you have a good paying history.
- Get a cash back card. When choosing a credit card, ask for the one with a cash back. This will give you a discount on your purchased amount.
- Know your card’s existing deals. Every now and then, bank cards offer deals for a certain period of time. Be sure to subscribe so you are always updated.
- A reward card is a must. Most credit cards give you points for a specific spending. This is usually redeemed by movie tickets, gifts or shopping vouchers.
Learn from above and become a wise spender and not a compulsive spender.
Be a smarter shopper and remember to check out our promotional page to save on your shipping fees!
10 Tricks to Save Money with Credit Cards. http://www.wisebread.com/10-tricks-to-save-money-with-credit-cards