You should contact your bank or credit card provider to see if they can add your vPost address as a secondary billing address on your account.
Alternatively, you may wish to consider using an international travel card. These foreign currency cards give you all the convenience of shopping in another currency with greater security.
Why was my credit card not accepted when shopping with an overseas Merchant using my vPost account?
Within 48 hours of successfully providing payment, for each vPost transaction you’ll need to email Australia Post a copy of the retailer invoice.
The invoice which you send to us must include details of the price of all of the goods which you are sending to Australia via vPost and the shipping fees of these products from the USA retailer to the vPost overseas warehouse.
How to email us your invoice:
- Email a copy of the USA retailer invoice to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your first and last name and vPost ID in the email subject line.
- Your VP ID is the second address line of your vPost overseas address, this can be found in the “My Addresses” tab once you log in to your account.
- For example: John Smith,VP ID AU-XXX-XXX
vPost runs several promotions all year round, catered to the different seasons and different needs of our customers.
If you entered a voucher code and it is not valid, please countercheck the entered voucher code for its terms and conditions of use. You may wish to contact us if there is any problem using any of the valid voucher code(s).
If your parcel is over $980 AUD, it may be deemed as High Value Parcel by Australian Customs. We will advise you of this via your vPost Australia account and additional duties and taxes may be levied and payable once your parcel is received by Customs in Australia. Australian Customs will require additional documentation including a Shipper’s Export Declaration form.
Upon receipt of such notification, you have the option to either:
- Use our nominated customs broker to handle customs clearance. You will have to pay the customs broker directly all brokers fees and all taxes, duties, levies or charges assessed; or
- Act on your own behalf to either (a) manage the customs processes yourself, or (b) locate and appoint a customs broker of your own choosing to complete all necessary forms and declarations required by Australian Customs; or
- Elect to return the parcel back to the US merchant or shipped to another address in the US at your own cost.
Shipment consolidation allows customers to pay one base charge per invoice instead of one base charge per package. To utilize this feature, simply withhold payment till all the packages you want to pay for together are available to check out.
Please note that a holding fee will be applicable for packages that are held for more than 30 days.
Once your vPost parcel status shows ‘Package included’, you’ll be able to pay the shipping charges by following the steps below:
- Log in to your vPost account and navigate to “vPost member’s portal site”
- Select the parcel you would like to pay for
- Verify your delivery details
- Enter a voucher code if applicable
- Proceed to checkout and pay with Visa or MasterCard
- Email to vPost Australia a copy of your overseas retailer invoice to: email@example.com
You have 30 days to pay shipping costs. Storage fees may apply if payment is not made within this time.
Currently, vPost accepts the below payment methods:
- Credit*/Debit Cards (Visa/Master) – Except AMEX
- *Only local issued credit cards are accepted
Please ensure that you have made the necessary arrangements for any of the above payment methods before using vPost Shipping Services.
No, currently vPost does not provide a service for claiming of sales tax incurred by our customers when they shop online from overseas merchants.
If I have multiple items being forwarded to me via vPost, can these be repacked and sent as one item?
For parcels from different merchants, if you are paying for the shipments via vPost on the same day in one transaction, you may be eligible for a bundling discount. Your first parcel will be charged the full shipping rate, while you get a $8.25 AUD discount (including GST) on each subsequent parcel.
The Australian Government has passed laws which extend the Goods and Services Tax (GST) to low value imports of physical goods. From 1 July 2018, Australia Post will be required to collect GST from customers and pay that GST to the Australian Tax Office, on items valued at $1,000 AUD or less, that you ship into Australia using vPost Australia.
From 1 July 2018, each time you check out a vPost parcel and declare the value of the goods, you will be asked to provide payment for your vPost shipping and the applicable GST all in the same transaction.
The rate of GST is 10%.
GST will be payable on:
- The value of the item(s) you are shipping into Australia via vPost including any shipping fees or local taxes paid to the USA retailer, and
- The value of the vPost shipping and service fee (including vCare if applicable)
Why is my shipping fee so high? Are there any tips to reduce the shipping fee? (e.g. Consolidation, etc.)?
As per freight industry practice, the chargeable weight of a package is calculated based on Volumetric or Actual weight, whichever is higher.
Volumetric weight of a package is a calculation that reveals the density of a package and we use the below formula to derive the volumetric weight of a package
Volumetric weight = [ length(cm) x breadth(cm) x height(cm) ] / 5,000cm You can advise your merchant to ensure proper packaging or pack your purchase into a smallest possible box.
In addition, you can consolidate your shipping charges by paying multiple packages together. As such, only one single base charge is billed.
Once you have selected all the packages that you would like to check out and your preferred shipping mode, click on ‘Next’.
On the following page, there will be a voucher code field for you to enter the promotion/voucher code that you are eligible for.
Please note that only 1 voucher/promo code can be use per transaction.
There is no maximum value limit imposed by vPost.
However, items valued over AUD1,000.00 may be subject to additional taxes and duties in Australia, while items valued over USD2,500.00 will be subject to an additional customs clearance procedure in the US. You will be notified in this instance and provided with a Shippers Export Declaration form to complete.