Items that are considered dangerous, prohibited or restricted cannot be imported into Singapore using vPost. Customs Authorities in both countries employ strict measures to monitor each and every item processed. The list below is not a comprehensive list but a list of common items that you cannot send using vPost.
We reserved the rights to advise you that the products are not accepted for import while the list did not specifically indicate the limitations.
Where appropriate, contact you to discuss and agree on an appropriate action to take; (b) use reasonable efforts to return the item to merchant at your cost; or (c) dispose the item in any manner we deem fit without being liable to you.
The list below serve as a guide on products that vPost does not ship. Please note it is not exhaustive and only includes some of the most common items.
- Bringing in more than 3 months' supply of all supplements are subject to Customs/HSA/SFA Regulations & Clearance. Please visit for more information here
- Import and export of illicit drugs (e.g. morphine, heroine, candu, marijuana, etc) are strictly prohibited
- Prescribed drugs can only be imported into or exported from the country by virtue of a license issued by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia
- Perishable items, vegetables, fresh, chilled or frozen items (e.g. cheese, meats, fruits, yogurt, etc)
- Turtle eggs
- Paper currency, coins and bills, credit cards, cheques,Gold jewelry and stamps (item(s)
- Rattan from Peninsula of Malaysia
- Any animal or bird, other than a domestic animal or domestic fowl, whether alive or dead or any part thereof
- Live animals from bovine species
- Meat of bovine animals
- Plants including orchids
- Vegetables, fresh, chilled or frozen
- Palm kernels and palm seeds
- Military clothing and equipment
- Arms and ammunition
- Antiquities as defined or stated in any written law in Malaysia
- Sugar and rice
- Coral, alive or dead
- Live prawns, shrimps, fish
- Collections of zoological, botanical, mineralogical, anatomical, historical, archaeological or ethnographical with numismatic interest
This list may be updated from time to time. Please contact us if you require any further assistance.