For USA packages, repack option will be available to customer if the difference between the actual weight and volumetric weight exceeds 2KG.
For China and Japan packages, we will repack your package if the difference between the actual weight and volumetric weight exceeds 2KG.
Repacking service is not available for Europe packages as they are charged based on their actual weight.
Alternatively, you may also use our “Find My Package” function located on your Dashboard to locate your package as it could have been processed by our warehouse but it was without a valid vPost account number thus it could not be assigned to your vPost account.
The reason will be due to your packages not having a merchant invoice in them. As such, we will require you to input the dollar value of your purchases for customs declaration purposes.
- Log in to your account.
- On your Dashboard, click on the country that you wish to be directed to.
- At the ‘Action Required’ tab, click on the ‘Declare’ button.
- Enter the dollar value of your package and submit your declaration.
As the purchase was made by you, we trust that you will be able to provide an accurate input. Please note that we will need an accurate dollar value of the package for a smooth customs clearance. As such, you will need to input the actual value of the package regardless of whether it is a free gift from the merchant or as a gift for your loved ones and friends.
vPost provides free storage of 30 days from the date package is processed without any charge for your consolidation of shipping payment. However, when packages are held for more than 30 days from processed date, we will charge a holding fee of S$1.50 per package per day.
vPost also reserves the right to dispose any package which has been held for more than 60 days from the processed/declared date.
However, if you prefer to declare the packages on your own, please ensure you select ‘No’ for Auto-Declaration.
If none of the categories available match your item(s), you may select ‘Others’ and input your product description.
Please take note to select the correct currency of your declared value and input the value of the package.
Click on ‘Submit’ once you are done.
This applies to all packages arriving at our 4 warehouses.
We will not be liable for any losses incurred by customers due to wrong declarations of the package(s).
- The transaction value of identical or similar goods from the same country of origin that is exported at about the same time, or
- The original price payable for the goods as if they are sold for export to Singapore
For more information, please refer to Singapore Customs’ website or their circular on valuation of goods declared for GST purposes.
- when the package contains leather products, e.g. handbags, purses, coats, etc.
- when the package contains restricted items, such as perfume, standalone batteries, fuels, etc.
- when the package is marked ‘FRAGILE’.
- when the package is obviously a gift, i.e. packed in a gift box, secured with ribbon and gift card, etc.
The decision to repack a package will be made at the discretion of vPost.
Repacking service for USA packages:
- 1. Repacking option is available for all USA packages that meet the repacking criteria.
- 2. Customer can choose to repack his packages (if eligible and ship them out via Standard Air and Economy mode as well.
- 3. Repack request will be processed and updated within 2 days from date of request.
- 4. Repacking fee: $6.00 per package.
For vPost China and vPost Japan, package that meets our repack criteria will be repacked by us unless it compromises on the safety of your package or does not meet our repacking requirements.
For packages that arrived in our warehouse without any vPost account number, we will repack them if they meet our repack criteria as well.
Do rest assured that you will enjoy savings on your package even after taking into account the repacking fee.
vPost will repack your package by minimising the height of the package, thus reducing the volumetric weight. The process of repacking will be placing the smaller package into one single box.
Example: Height of package being cut down
Please note that we are not able to remove or modify any part/content from its retail packaging when we repack.
- Removal of batteries from the retail packaging.
- Installation of batteries from the retail packaging.
This is to ensure not to have your original package contents being compromised
For detailed information on how repacking works, check out our blog post for more information.
In the event wherein physical package label become spoil due to unforseen event, warehouse will not be able to track the package using only one tracking number. Providing both tracking numbers will make it easier to track the package.
The two tracking numbers can be found at the upper left and lower right sides. See image below as guide.