Items that are considered dangerous, prohibited or restricted cannot be imported into Singapore using vPost. Customs Authorities in both countries employ strict measures to monitor each and every item processed. The list below is not a comprehensive list but a list of common items that you cannot send using vPost.
We reserved the rights to advise you that the products are not accepted for import while the list did not specifically indicate the limitations.
Where appropriate, contact you to discuss and agree on an appropriate action to take; (b) use reasonable efforts to return the item to merchant at your cost; or (c) dispose the item in any manner we deem fit without being liable to you.
The list below serve as a guide on products that vPost does not ship.
Please note it is not exhaustive and only includes some of the most common items.
Only for USA Air Freight Mode
- Super Capacitors or Capacitors
Example: UN3508, with energy storage capacity greater than 0.3Wh unable to ship via Air Freight
- Pressurised air absorbers/shock absorber
- All kinds of Food
- All kinds of Alcohol-based / Flammable products (e.g. perfumes, cologne, toners, sanitizers etc)
- Any external battery/powerbank for smartphones or tablets devices
- Rechargeable glasses case (e.g. Bose)
- Intoxicating liquors
- Tobacco products
- Motor vehicles
- Petroleum products
- Any type of standalone batteries
- Any battery/batteries that is packed in the same package but separated from the device
- Alcohol products and beverages (Item(s) would be discard at Origin and unable to process for returns or redirect to another address)
- Audio Speakers
- Counterfeit goods
- Squalane (not 100% plant based)
- Used or refurbished laptops, tablets, phones and other electronic devices that contain batteries will not be accepted for shipping. This includes purchases from ebay, individual sellers or any refurbished stores. - This is due to freight restrictions that do not allow used electronic items with batteries without original manufacturer’s packaging to be shipped. Such batteries may suffer from leakage and cause severe damage due to chemical actions during transportation.
- Engine oils
- Essential oils, diffuser oils, fragrance oil and perfume oil
- Items that are not labeled in English (Dietary supplements/ Cosmetics/ Food)
- Any food, supplement, drug or cosmetic that has been issued a Consumer Safety Advisory Warning by Authority (HSA or etc)
- Any unidentifiable material, substance or chemical.
- Fuels, gasoline and gas torches
- Flammable and toxic content products (e.g. products with Minoxidil, zinc oxide, Rosemary Oil and etc.)
- Firearms (or parts thereof)
- Imitation tobacco products (e.g. electronic cigarettes, etc)
- Infectious substances
- Ink Cartridges
- Laser apparatus such as laser pointers that are found to have emission powers
- Lighters with or without fuel/fluids
- Munitions of war
- Meat or animal extracts
- Seeds / live plant
- Nail polish and nail polish removers
- Narcotic drugs
- Pornographic materials
- Perishable foods (e.g., cheese, yoghurt, eggs)
- Processed foods more than 5kg and above SGD100 (food products that are not classified as meat, seafood or fresh fruits and vegetables)
- Precious metals and Gemstones
- Paper currency, coins, credit cards, cheques and stamps (Item(s) would be discard at Origin)
- Perfumes, colognes, eau de toilette and fragrance sprays
- Perfume samples (Item(s) would be discard at Origin and unable to process for returns or redirect to another address)
- Radioactive materials
- Sprays, aerosol cans and compressed gas cylinders
- Turpentine and paint thinner
- Weapons (swords / knives / guns, etc).
Only for USA Sea Freight Mode
For all USA Freight modes
This list may be updated from time to time. Please contact us if you require any further assistance.