Items that are considered dangerous, prohibited or restricted cannot be imported into Singapore using vPost. Customs Authorities in both countries employ strict measures to monitor each and every item processed. The list below is not a comprehensive list but a list of common items that you cannot send using vPost.
We reserved the rights to advise you that the products are not accepted for import while the list did not specifically indicate the limitations.
Where appropriate, we will contact you to discuss and agree on an appropriate action to take; use reasonable efforts to return the item to merchant at your cost; or dispose the item in any manner we deem fit without being liable to you, if a re-direction is required, additional charges are applicable for such re-direction.
The items listed below serve as a guide on some of the most common items that vPost does not ship across all shipping mode (Both by air and sea freight).
Please note this list is not exhaustive and only includes some of the most common items.
Only for Air Freight Mode
- Super Capacitors or Capacitors
Example: UN3508, with energy storage capacity greater than 0.3Wh unable to ship via Air Freight
- Gas torches
- Items that are not labeled in English (Dietary supplements/ Cosmetics/ Food)
- Any food, supplement, drug or cosmetic that has been issued a Consumer Safety Advisory Warning by Authority (HSA or etc)
- Any unidentifiable material, substance or chemical.
- Intoxicating liquors
- Tobacco products
- Petroleum products
- Articles, publications of a pornographic or obscene nature
- Alcohol products and beverages
- Antiques (breakable and/or fragile)
- Art Works
- Gold & Silver
- Chewing gum
- Chewing tobacco, shisha tobacco and imitation tobacco products (e.g. electronic cigarettes, etc)
- Controlled drugs and psychotropic substances
- Explosives, poisons, radioactive material, compressed gas, corrosive, firearms, flammables and any item which by its nature can potentially cause damage to other items or expose regulatory and customs officers to injury.
- Any product that can be used in military, chemical or biological weapons, missile technology, or nuclear proliferation (e.g. handcuffs, leg cuffs, ankle cuffs, police-type batons, spraying and fogging systems)
- Endangered species of wildlife and their by-products
- Weed killers
- Motor vehicles (including but not limited to, personal mobility devices, such as Hover board, Electric Scooter, Segway, Unicycle and power assisted bicycle. Item(s) received at Origin unable to process for redirect to another address)
- Firecrackers & fireworks
- Firearms, parts thereof and ammunition
- Night Vision / Infra-Red Goggles and Binoculars
- Sharp knives (eg: hunting knives and swords)
- Imitation arms including toy guns, toy pistols, hand grenades
- Fishes and fishery products (including fin fish, crustaceans and molluscs)
- Hazardous or combustible materials (as defined in IATA Regulations)
- Human remains, including ashes
- Jewelry, precious metals and stones
- Laser apparatus such as laser pointers that are found to have emission powers
- Lighters with or without fuel/fluids
- Radioactive material & waste
- Items that require temperature-control
- Medical samples (e.g. biological/diagnostic specimens, blood, urine, bodily fluids, etc.)
- Narcotic drugs
- Prescription drugs
- Unlicensed drugs
- Meat or animal extracts
- Seeds / live plant
- Squalane (not 100% plant based)
- Narcotics (illegal)
- Processed egg
- Perishable foods (e.g., cheese, yoghurt, eggs)
- Processed foods more than 5kg and above SGD100 (food products that are not classified as meat, seafood or fresh fruits and vegetables)
- Reproduction of copyright publications - all types of video tapes ,video compact discs, digital video discs, laser discs, records or cassettes
- Counterfeit/replica goods
- Seditious and treasonable materials
- Supplements claim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent animal diseases (HSA website)
- Publications and audio materials (books, films, video tapes, discs) that are banned/controlled in Singapore by the MDA(please refer to MDA’s Media Classification database to determine whether a product is banned)
- Royal Expert Whitening Cream (HSA Website)
For All Other Freight Mode
For more information on HSA Press Release, you may go to HSA website.
For more information on AVA Press Release, you may go to AVA website.
For more information concerning dangerous and prohibited goods, you may go to Singapore Post website.
This list may be updated from time to time. Please contact us if you require any further assistance.