vCare is an optional, performance warranty by SingPost to afford vPost members the added assurance that their packages will be protected against loss or damage during transportation (with certain exclusions).
Please note that vCare is not an insurance product and SingPost is not a licensed insurer.
Cover for loss or damage is not automatically provided for items sent via vPost.
You can buy vCare for items valued up to SGD 10,000.00. It costs 2% of the Declared Value plus Shipping Fee. Items are covered for loss or damage once vCare is fully paid.
Click here for vCare Terms and Conditions.
Please note that vCare does not cover loss or damage:
On all general merchandise but excluding items listed under lists A, B and C:-
List A – List of negotiable documents:
- Precious stones or gems
- All foodstuff
- Works of art
- Fragile items
List B – Export restrictions/prohibitions
- Dangerous goods
- Flammable gas – ignites when leaking, aerosols, etc
- Flammable liquid – low flash-point, emitting flammable vapour
- Flammable solids
- Oxidising substances – e.g. organic peroxides
- Toxic substances – to contact & consumption
- Radio actives
- Magnetized materials – affecting navigation
- Living plants & animals
- Narcotics & psychotropic substances
- Endangered species of wildlife & their by-products
- Obscene or immoral articles, publications, videotapes/discs & software
- Seditious & treasonable materials
List C – Other excluded items
- Banker’s drafts, banknotes
- Bearer bonds
- Bills of exchange
- Dividend warranties
- Promissory notes
- Share certificates
- Share warrants
- Traveller’s cheques
- Treasury bills
You are advised to read the full text of the above exclusions. In addition, please note that SingPost shall not, in the provision of vCare, be liable for the following:
1. Loss damage or expense attributable to your willful misconduct;
2. Ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the vCare Article;
3. Loss damage or expense caused by inherent vice or nature of the vCare Article;
4. Loss damage or expense proximately caused by delay, outside SingPost’s reasonable control;
5. Loss damage or expense arising from any hostile use of any weapon employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter;
6. Loss damage or expense caused by insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the vCare Article (packing shall be deemed to include stowage in a container or lift van but only when such stowage is carried out before vCare becoming applicable;
7. Rust, oxidation and discolouration; or
8. Bending, denting, scratching and twisting of the vCare Article.
vCare also does not cover loss damage or expense caused by:-
1. Confiscation or detention of the vCare Article by the customs house or other officials or authorities;
2. Mechanical and electrical derangement unless accompanied by visible external damage; or
3. Any consequential or indirect losses.
For the full details vCare list, please visit our page here
Should you have any issues with your packages, you may request the claims via our Customer Service. Please call +65 6841 2000 or leave us a message. When submitting the claim, all relevant documents must be enclosed, including but not limited to the following:
- Content merchant invoice or purchase receipts of the article covered by vCare;
- Photos of the external packaging and the damaged content to facilitating our investigation;
- All correspondence exchanged with any third party responsible or potentially responsible for the loss or damage of the package. Please refer to vCare Terms and Conditions for the procedure of claims.